yesterday morning I prepared a recipe from Antonio Carluccio's 'complete italian food' (a great cookbook - this one was a present to my mum) for my & Pheobe's tea. There is a simple pleasure in preparing good food for the people you love....

after frying small pieces of sweet cured bacon & small pork sausages in olive oil I added some good fruity red wine & watched it bubble till almost totally evaporated. Next adding garlic, rosemary, chopped onion & dried chilli - then, after a few minutes, tomato pulp. Into the slow cooker it went....

After collecting Pheobe from school I prepared the accompaniment - polenta (yellow) with gran padano cheese & butter....using the polenta me & Pheobe bought in Venice....we also bought some white polenta there & will have to use that next time - we did look up the difference between white & yellow but couldn't find any ! (side note: I have been using some of this polenta, uncooked, in live performances & it is rather nice to remember buying it with Pheobe, along with the Normandy Sea Salt I also sometimes use & that me & Pheobe also bought on a holiday to Normandy)

we ate it sitting together on the sofa & talking about how lovely it was....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog