. I woke up early this morning, around 6.20am....it is a lovely time of the day to be awake:

to wake

with a crown of sun

lit on the air
a taste of life


. I think of the glass engravings of Laurence Whistler & the cello playing of Jacqueline Du Pre....of searching for 'The Bow Glass' in the Fitzwilliam in Cambridge with my mum & girlfriend at the time....& of finding it there (before they moved it to the non-public collection), being amazed at the detail....then visiting Kettle's Yard for the first time to find the window he engraved there & at the same time discovering the amazing house & it's collection....I think of hearing for the first time Du Pre's version of Elgar's cello concerto....

. I exchange words with Amy via facebook & feel the simple joy of that....of the references to eeyore, tigger, rabbit & totoro & ends not grabbed & beginnings simply embraced....

. 9.34am & I am listening to Glenn Gould's recording of 20th century Canadian works for piano....I think of the story of his chair....

. I think about Josef Sudek, Kettle's Yard, Edouard Boubat, Ozu, Naruse, Giorgio Morandi, Seiichi Furuya, Huger Foote, Lee Friedlander, Harry Callahan, Toru Takemitsu, Agnes Varda....all before 10am....there is so much in life to fill it & so much space in which to best appreciate it - space, yes....it is essential....& stillness & quietude....



Comments

Popular posts from this blog