. me & Pheobe made a quick stop at the shore of the river humber on the way to her dance class....skimmed stones, took photos, walked along playground obstacle courses, swung on rope tree swings :. )


. Pheobe has just given me my presents & the most wonderful card....it was a book she made herself full of photo's of us & some lovely, touching words....

. today I am 45 years old....45 years ago my mum held me in her arms for the first time....I have been to a lot of places since then....most of them lovely, a few less so....I have loved & lost, smiled & cried, been 'successful' & known failure too. I have been supported by people & let down by others....I experience life, the world & the emotions that bind those two things together....I thank my mum every day by being the person I am & I take great joy in being a part of Pheobe's (my daughter) life....we are our own people & our parents role in that can vary massively, for me my luck was to have a mother who held me out of care not just duty & valued me as a person & not just a son....I valued her as a women, one who kept hold of her sense of compassion even in trying circumstances....her strength & devotion to life was & is an inspiration....& yes, I wish so much that she was here, physically here still....thanks mum for the 45 years that you made possible....and to Pheobe; my life is endlessly blessed by wonder & joy through knowing you....thank you for the 12 years we have spent together so far....a happy birthday indeed....
.

Comments

Christine White said…
happy happy birthday to you jez. you have been and will continue to be surrounded by love and magnificent wonders, those that creep up on us and those that are right in front of us. may you have many more of the enriching experiences that will weave together in the one fabric which is your life.

Popular posts from this blog