. spent most of the daytime in Lincolnshire....I set off around 9am & made my first stop in Louth....a small town I haven't been to before for some reason....it's also the home of Robert Wyatt, the rather good english songwriter....I planned to explore the town for an hour before setting off to be elsewhere by 12 noon....however, I parked outside a charity bookshop & well, that was that really....spent ages in there, exploring & buying books....so, then I headed off towards Woodhall Spa via Horncastle....Woodhall is home to the Kinema in the woods, which brought back memories of seeing a film there with Pheobe....it also has a deli with cakes & chocolates that were very tempting (I got two cakes....oh oh !)....during the day I found dovecotes, bullrushes, fields of corn cut down except a thin row along the edges, magpies, skylarks, rivers, brooks, public footpaths inviting to walk down, rivers, boats, ladybirds, blossom....


. yesterday, on the way to collect Pheobe from school I spotted this in a charity shop....it's a 4 tray inter-connected picnic basket from the late 70's in orange & white....of course I had to get it....it'll be fun to use & for £7.99 with the money going to a good cause it was a bargain....


. Christine White says: I have been following your blog for some time now and loving it. I have been wanting to send a pic for ages and my current excuse for not has been that i only have the laptop camera and not another - but i have realised that the key to finding the hidden treasures is not to let small technical and perceived time hitches get in your way. i have loved how your blog takes me back into the everyday treasures...i finally took a photo on my partners phone one day - the cool thing was it was a treasured view to me and i also thought of you all the way over the other side of the world...so here it is...and finding that your name in slavic languages means hedgehog, i couldn't resist sending these...this happened last night - a little guy who thought he'd found some treasure hiding only to land himself in a bit of a pickle (or a bit of puree rather)...we are moving from this house soon - it has been a treasure to me and i have been taking pics of it as keepsake...this wee event has been an extra gift :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog