. this chalkboard was my mum's & it's still here in the kitchen with the faint traces of the message she wrote on it following a trip we took to York to see Elgar's Cello concerto....I have looked at this often & wanted the writing not to fade anymore, but I know it does & that there isn't anything I can do to stop that....accepting that & knowing that the words will remain in me, safe with memories of the concert itself, shared with my mum is the message now & brings a joy as strong as that which was in my mum's heart as she placed the chalk on the surface & began to write....



. me & Pheobe have this notebook that we have filled with drawings of odd little creatures & other things over the years....


. you know I can't actually remember where I got this vase from....probably a second hand shop for about £2, but I like it....the colour & the shape....


. the discovery of the japanese nature of the spoons yesterday prompted me to take some photo's of cutlery drying in the kitchen this morning....I had my camera in hand, looking out of the window & just took one to see what happened & it was pleasing so I took a few more....

Comments

Christine White said…
fantastic photos - love the spoons drying - almost like a photographic score to me :)

love you and pheobes' drawings. if you ever want to draw any more feel free to draw an interpretation of one of my sonic creatures based on how it sounds. i have added the flyus crackus - you can find it here:

http://christine-white.blogspot.com/search/label/sonic%20creatures

created by my guitar students by collecting 3 objects intuitively then combining them to create sounds. they then described and named the creature. i processed some of them a little. i am keen to get some drawing interpretations of the creatures to post here.

i am daft so please let me know how i can send photos - small joys to you - attach them here? email? i bit stumped and have sent you many pics in spirit :)
thanks ! you can email me anything you wish to share: tempjez@hotmail.com - thank you.

you mention photographic scores - did you know that that is what I do too ? I have been working on them for many, many years but only in the last couple of years do I feel I have found a nice way for me to create them.

Popular posts from this blog